Through the pandemic I have done so many Zoom meetings and I am constantly using my hands in videos, it came to a point where my kid students in my classes were noticing that my nails were never “pretty”. So I knew about nail polish “covers” so I ordered a cheap set of Halloween nail thingies on Amazon, they came, I put them on and they fell off by the afternoon. That is when I started down a rabbit hole of learning more about nail polish strips, vinyl versus other options. And I ordered a set of nail strips – the turkey ones to be exact PLUS 3 more choices (so I had a month of options!) – Color Street has buy 3 Color Street nail strips get 1 FREE!
Nail polish strips are not a new idea but what I found out about Color Street nails is that they are 100% nail polish. I have never been good at doing my nails, in fact the dry time with doing my own nails has always kept me at bay and when I did do them, walking around with chipped nails for weeks on end. Getting my nails done, a treat, but also sitting at that drying station to only walk out to the car and somehow ruin them on the steering wheel or the door handle. Followed by wear and tear of chips and smudges days following the manicure. This is exactly what Color Street Nails resolved for me.
I have heard of Color Street but I never really explored it more than a scroll on facebook or a conversation in passing. I found out that Color Street was born in New York City around 1984 when the creator Fa Pack noticed a woman struggling to paint her nails in a cab. He decided to find a different and better way to have manicured nails and through a lot of trial and error he came up with Color Street.
The Color Street nail strips are made with 100% real nail polish – not vinyl like the ones I found on amazon. They are removed with nail polish remover, not be “peeling” them off. Color Street nail strips do not damage your nails.
Each set of Color Street nail strips have 16 double-edge strips. The prices range from $11-$15 **but they are buy 3 get 1 free. They can be applied to fingernails and toenails. There are solid colors, glitters, French tip, art designs, sports themed, seasonal and holiday styles – I am super excited about the holiday ones!
Color Street always has
- French Manicure Sets – Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- All Other Sets – Buy 3 Get 1 Free
How to Apply Color Street Nails
- Remove nail polish that is already on your nails
- File and push cuticles back.
- Clean and prep nails before application using the little Color Street prep wipe.
- You will need to gauge the size of your nail strips to your nail size, find the correct nail size for your nail.
- Remove the plastic covering strip and tab
- Start with your pinkie and move across finishing with your thumb.
- Once you know which strip is going on your nail you will remove the plastic covering the strip.
- Stick the strip as close to your cuticle as possible and the smooth on to your nail
- Crease the strip over the edge of your nail, then use your thumb or file to remove the excess nail.
These are just the basic steps for application.
- Store & use nail strips at room temperature and handle with warm hands. Nail strips may become more pliable in the heat and more rigid in the cold.
- Use immediately after opening — nail strips will begin to dry once they are exposed to air.
- Clean and prep nails before application — buff and file nails, push back cuticles, and use a prep pad to remove any oils or lotions.
- Remove the clear film that covers the strips before application.
- Apply thumbs last — start with pinky and work toward thumb.
- Stretch gently for a perfect fit — stretch horizontally to make the strip wider, or stretch vertically to make the strip narrower.
- Hold the strip in the middle instead of all the way at the end for a more controlled application.
- Crease the strip over the nail edge before removing excess with your nail or nail file.
- Do not leave nail strips in excessive heat or cold for prolonged periods of time. Do not leave strips under direct sun or LED lighting.
- Do not apply lotion to hands immediately before or after application.
- Do not apply strips over cuticles or skin. Push back cuticles and apply strips against or slightly above cuticle, so the strip adheres directly to the nail only.
- The first time I did my Color Street nail strips I noticed that they were not as awesome as they are now that I hav done it a couple of times.
- Make sure to give nails a couples hours in between sets and consider getting a good cuticle oil to help.
- Color Street nail strips last longer than my manicures – professional or the ones I do at home.
- Color Street nail strips have no drying time – and the awesome part is it is a 3 in one (base coat, regular coat and top coat)